Monday, January 26, 2015

Expect God

As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

My children, I need to be reminded by the Holy Ghost at times, not to do some things which I had engaged in, in my past. Things have been harsh for me this past year or years again, and in the way this hard drive processes information, I had begun to rehearse scenarios in my mind.
As the Sniper movie is the current fabrication, this is one of the scenarios which I engage in, in solving wargame situations in tactical variations.
One of my favorite historical realities, is the story told by Col. Richard Irving Dodge concerning a man who had sold some beef to the Army, and the Army would not purchase it, as it was too thin, so he went to Texas to purchase a herd to settle the contract, but was rustled by some boarder bandits who stole everything he had.

Over the next week, this man literally sniped while being hunted by these bandits, every outlaw in that gang. It was an amazing story of frontier justice without remorse. That appeals to my ideal of Americanisms, so I began running the scenarios to improve upon them and the results.

Things like that can be a trap as when one rehearses things, one starts taking on the mindset of being like that. In that the Holy Ghost reminded me to reign the situation in, in all of God's children must trust in the Lord to reckon vengeance, and it is never to be something of our hands.

I Samuel 25


 28 I pray thee, forgive the trespass of thine handmaid: for the LORD will certainly make my lord a sure house; because my lord fighteth the battles of the LORD, and evil hath not been found in thee all thy days.
 29 Yet a man is risen to pursue thee, and to seek thy soul: but the soul of my lord shall be bound in the bundle of life with the LORD thy God; and the souls of thine enemies, them shall he sling out, as out of the middle of a sling.
 30 And it shall come to pass, when the LORD shall have done to my lord according to all the good that he hath spoken concerning thee, and shall have appointed thee ruler over Israel;
 31 That this shall be no grief unto thee, nor offence of heart unto my lord, either that thou hast shed blood causeless, or that my lord hath avenged himself: but when the LORD shall have dealt well with my lord, then remember thine handmaid.
 32 And David said to Abigail, Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, which sent thee this day to meet me:
 33 And blessed be thy advice, and blessed be thou, which hast kept me this day from coming to shed blood, and from avenging myself with mine own hand.
 34 For in very deed, as the LORD God of Israel liveth, which hath kept me back from hurting thee, except thou hadst hasted and come to meet me, surely there had not been left unto Nabal by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
 35 So David received of her hand that which she had brought him, and said unto her, Go up in peace to thine house; see, I have hearkened to thy voice, and have accepted thy person.
 36 And Abigail came to Nabal; and, behold, he held a feast in his house, like the feast of a king; and Nabal's heart was merry within him, for he was very drunken: wherefore she told him nothing, less or more, until the morning light.
 37 But it came to pass in the morning, when the wine was gone out of Nabal, and his wife had told him these things, that his heart died within him, and he became as a stone.
 38 And it came to pass about ten days after, that the LORD smote Nabal, that he died.


King David, not yet, King of Israel, was humiliated by this Nabal who rebuked him, after David had protected Nabal.

David's first reaction was to march against Nabal and slaughter all the males there, but Nabal's wife upon learning of the movement, went to David and stopped him before he could act.

David praised Abigail for her wisdom, and in the end, God killed Nabal and David married Abigail, and had all Nabal owned in life.

God is just and God will make all things right. It does not matter how powerful or secure people seem to be who hurt or harm you. God will get them in His Way. You though like myself are required to rehearse God's Way in your minds in prayers, groanings and praying for those people to repent in blessing them to that end. Knowing that repentance is one of the most traumatic things any human will go through. God is not going to not repay evil people for their sins.......and if they repent, the conscience is one which will bother them.

I need to maintain by discipline the Way, knowing and expecting God to avenge. I have seen God do this, but I needed to not fall into a past scenario of something which is not sinful in wargames, but is something which puts something into my hand like David was prone to, instead of training to expect God.

Expect God.


agtG